113-25 Sutdolgogae-gil, Pyeongchang-eup, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do
Pyeongchang Cirsium Setidens Festival is held every year in May in Sanchae Village, Pyeongchang, Gangwon-do Province. Visitors can pick their own cirsium setidents along with other wild greens on nearby mountains and try various kinds of food made from wild greens at the festival venue. Other hands-on programs include making rice cakes and catching trout or marsh snails.
- Opening ceremony
- Celebration ceremony
- Singing contest
- Geoseulgapsan Mountain trekking
- Wild green vegetable cuisine tasting
- Catching trout with your bare hands
- Catching marsh snails
- Gondeure tercet (three-line poem) writing contest
- Agricultural specialty product market (direct dealing vendors)
* Program details are subject to change and vary every year.
Find more information on the official webpage.
Open to visitors of all ages
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Pyeongchang.
* Bus schedule (subject to change): 07:10 09:35 10:50 13:05 14:15 15:25 16:35 17:45 18:55
From Pyeongchang Bus Terminal, go left (east) for 80 m until the end of the bus terminal building.
There, take a bus bound for Pyeongchang-Jucheon bus to Daeha-ri bus stop.
* Bus schedule (subject to change): 07:30-18:30, runs 5 times a day.
From the bus stop, continue in the same direction (east) for 50 m.
Sanchae Village is up the road on the left.